Believe it or not, the picture below is actually in full color. No, I’m not kidding–these are my favorite gray eyeshadows. No brown, no taupe, no green, no white, no kidding. Just straight grays, which can be both very striking and easy to wear. I tried to stay away from silvers, but some shimmery grays sneak into silver, so I’m not sure that I succeeded.
These are eyeshadows that I’ve collected over the years, and you will see some limited edition and “old school” Bobbi Brown packaging. There are a few more that I might add, such as Chanel Silvery, but I’m mentally preparing for a Chanel Eyeshadow single marathon in a few weeks so I thought I’d do it then.
- Absolute favorite: Make Up For Ever #145 is a shimmery luminous gray that adds light to my lids. It’s a sweep-on and look-polished color, and looks really nice with black liner.
- Second favorite: MAC Swan Lake was sold with the Danse collection a few years ago. I find this the most similar to Make Up For Ever’s #145, but it has a bit more pigment and shimmer.
- Two classics from Bobbi Brown: Steel, a deep matte grey and Sterling, a light gray shimmerwash, look great together
- MAC’s Softwashed is a shimmery dark gray that borders on silver, but it’s so beautiful I had to include it
- Lorac Dreamy has an amazing pigmentation and color, although it can look a little blue when applied to my warm coloring.
Here are individual swatches:
Do you have any favorite grays? What do you recommend?