I’ve noticed a tradition of some beauty bloggers, who do a month-end wrap of “10 Things I’m Loving Right Now,” to let readers know which products are getting the most use. In some ways, I find those posts the most valuable because it helps me understand which products have taken center stage, and so worth checking out for myself. As August nears its close, I thought that I’d give this format a try:
1. Chanel Flat Powder Brush (European)— Reviewed here. Used with Caron powder, this brush gives me a perfect airbrush finish. Amazing, soft feel and very natural application. A great investment. If you can’t get this one soon, perhaps look at the MAC equivalent–which I haven’t tried but which seems to be a similar shape.
2. Edward Bess Daydream Bronzer— Reviewed here. I love this on a train, I love this in the rain, I love this in a boat or when wearing a coat…you get the picture. Always looks amazingly natural and beautiful. The Perfect Bronzer. Times ten.
3. Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in Confidence— Reviewed here. Can you bottle confidence? No, but you can put it in a heavy glass tube with a doe-foot applicator. Always looks wonderful. Here it is worn by January Jones at the 2010 Emmys:
4. Burberry Foundation— Love the finish and ease of using this foundation. It lasts all day, although it is a very lightweight foundation. This can be layered for extra coverage where needed. Well worth investigating. Swatches are here.
5. Butter London All Hail McQueen— reviewed here. I’m the last person to ever expect to enjoy wearing a holographic polish. But I’m going to have to buy a second one of these soon. The color is so on-trend, it’s a very light taupe/griege. Indoors, the holographic quality doesn’t show, it’s only when the nail is hit by light that it turns magical. Easy, perfect application.
So tell us what you are loving right now?