A gasp-worthy palette released this holiday is Dior Five Golds ($58 / 5 Couleurs Gold Edition/ 5-Color Eyeshadow /001), a shimmering beautiful magical confection. Every once in a while, Dior releases a palette that takes my breath away. Dior Five Golds is one of those incredible palettes.
I have been looking for this palette since I saw this picture on Fab Over Forty. I actually called the Nordstrom where this lovely blogger found it, but they had nothing that day in stock to sell. After being told that Dior had production problems, I gave up hope until The Beauty Look Book told me that Sephora had the palette up for sale. I knew I had to get it.
The box is redesigned for this collection with a black and gold theme:
The palette is the familiar deep blue with the embedded Christian Dior initials:
Inside is an absolutely beautiful palette of glowing, shimmering shades. This is absolutely perfect, gives you a wide variety of shades, and the buttery smoothness of this palette makes this a pleasure to use:
Close up, you can see how much dimension and shimmer these colors hold:
Here the line up:
- The bottom left leaves a shimmery, fairy-like sheet of gold shimmer. The sparkle is very fine, and acts almost magically to catch the light.
- The bottom right is a deep brown copper with slight gold-burgundy undertones
- The center silver is a beautiful cool metallic metal shimmer
- The top right is a multi-dimensional coppery gold brown
- The top left is a deep grey with slight blue sparkle
The pigmentation, quality and softness of these shadows is excellent. Really, this is one of those amazing high-shine palettes that Dior does so beautifully. Highly recommended, a thousand times yes.