Something about winter weather brings out my love of vampy nails. Deep reds, purples, deep browns, which can looks so pretty next to fair skin. Some polishes are deep pools of color, others have shimmer and glimmer buried below.
Here’s a very quick sketchbook-type post reviewing a few:
- Zoya Kalista, a deep brown-red shot through with warm gold shimmer
- OPI Bogota Blackberry, a cool deep red with shimmer, similar but not as shimmery as Zoya Isla (see below)
- Rescue Beauty Lounge Film Noir (reviewed here), a deep, very dark red creme in the tradition of Chanel Rouge Noir/Vamp
- Chanel Rouge Noir, the deep, dark creme that lives up to its name–literally, “red black” in French. Said to be the closest color to Chanel’s original Vamp released in 1994. Rouge Noir is part of the regular line in Europe, and sometimes available as a special purchase or part of holiday sets in the U.S.
- Zoya Paris, sold for only $7, this is an impressive 3-free creme that applies like a dream and bears a respectable resemblance to Chanel Rouge Noir. No, not an exact match–Paris is slightly less red, and doesn’t have quite the je ne sais quoi of Rouge Noir, but Paris is still extremely beautiful
- Zoya Casey, is a deep purple version of Rouge Noir/Vamp. It’s a deep and mysterious violet-purple-black. Lovely.
- Zoya Blair, one of my all-time favorite Zoya’s. A rich, deep red with a reverberant shimmer. Love. This. Red. Applies so beautifully in two coats, and has a glow without glitter. Gorgeous.
- Zoya Isla, is a truer red with shimmer and glow. Beautiful–it leans a bit cool, in a way that looks nice on warm skin tones.
- Zoya Yasmeen, is a purple-red with glowing shimmer. See also, Nars Purple Rain.
- OPI Merry Midnight, from last year’s Holiday collection, this is a deep purple with colored flakes of purple and red. Really pretty and I’m glad that I’ve brought this out for the holidays.
Thanks for looking at my little sketchbook entry. Which deep reds are your favorites in your collection?