Hey everyone! It’s Liz. I have been playing in my Mom’s makeup drawer for over a year now helping her build her website. Thank you all for the lovely feedback. It is really what keeps the site going (since we don’t get much of this ish fo’ free).
Here are some of my MUST-HAVES that I have discovered through helping on Café Makeup.
1. Guerlain Le 2 Volume Mascara ($36)- Literally the best mascara I have ever used. I have been using Chanel’s Inimitable since it was first made but after doing this post, the Chanel has nothing on Guerlain.
I am wearing it here:
2. Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in Insolence ($30)- The most beautiful lip gloss I own. I don’t think this post does it justice so here is a picture of me wearing it out on the town. Whenever I whip this bad boy out in class I definitely get “stank eyes”- the packaging is just that beautiful.
(FYI- there is NO photoshop here other than cropping– Yes, insolence is really that pink!)
3. Chanel’s Lift Lumiere Foundation ($65)- Some would say $65 on foundation is too steep…but no no no, let me tell YOU! After using this magical foundation for a month my skin has NEVER looked clearer. I started with Chanel’s Tient Innocence ($47) at age 15 but after stealing Lift Lumiere from my Mom countless times, I won’t wear anything else!
Here is a picture of me wearing Lift Lumiere layered with Caron translucent loose powder and Guerlain’s Orient Sun (a baked Terracotta blush):
4. Gurlain ‘Terracotta Lady’ Bronzing Powder ($62)- I use this bronzing powder as a blush. It is the closest thing to Guerlain’s Orient Sun, which was discontinued two years ago (and I am sure most of you have noticed I wear it in almost every picture on Café Makeup.) Guerlain’s National Makeup Artist Marcus Monson did my makeup in this post, where recommended Terracotta Lady for me. Marcus didn’t apply the blush as heavy as I normally wear it (probably because he didn’t want me walking around like a drag queen in the middle of the day) but here is a picture of me in the Gurlain Bronzing Powder:
(FYI: I am also wearing it in every picture in this post)
5. L’Oreal Sublime Bronze Pearl Tinted Lotion ($8.50)- If you have a Mom that hounds you to wear sunscreen as much as mine, your options are pretty limited to getting that naturally glowing tan. When I’m feeling nice and pale I simply mix half of L’Oreal’s liquid tanner with half of my everyday lotion and apply all over. I leave on for 5 minutes before putting on my clothes. Mixing with your everyday lotion ensures that you get no streaks. It tans me gradually, so I add it on every night if I want to be darker. (Warning: This product contains SPARKLE!)
Please follow us on....