I’ve had several emails asking to update my experiences with Chanel Vitalumiere Eclat powder foundation, which I purchased in France (initial review here). Here are a few thoughts:
- I love applying this with the enclosed brush. It’s the perfect size to give light , even coverage.
- This is a nice foundation for every day errands and casual wear, brushed over sunscreen.
- This gives the slightest glow–which is a nice change from matte powders.
- As you can surmise from its name, this is not a mattifying powder. However, it does not add any shine to my skin either.
- This acts as a nice finishing powder over foundation as well.
- Applied with a damp brush, this gives medium to heavy coverage.
The downside to Vitalumiere Eclat is the available shade range–the lightest available in France is B30, which is a bit deeper than my B10/20 skin tone. Applied lightly dry with a brush, the difference is acceptable. Unfortunately, when I tried to use this foundation applied with a sponge (wet or dry) for medium to heavy coverage, the color is too dark. I noticed that the Chanel website for Great Britain has a widely expanded shade range that goes up to B10 and down to BA60.
As we are nearing the warmer months, I’m using Vitalumiere Eclat several days every week brushed on for a light coverage. I really enjoy it.
I’m not sure how to obtain this in the U.S., although you could try calling the Nordstrom Seattle store. There is a Chanel Studio at that location, which can frequently obtain international Chanel items.
Here is an ingredient list which is not official (this is from Makeupalley.com): Talc, boron nitride, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, alumina, PTFE, magnesium myristate, magnesium stearate, aluminum dimyrustate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ammonium silver zinc aluminum silicate, C9-15 flouroalcohol phosphate, dimethicone, mythylparaben, propylparaben, polyester-3, hydrogenated vegetable oil, triethoxycaprylylsilane, jasminum grandiflorum (jasmine) flower wax, aluminum hydroxide, parfum (frangrance), lecithin, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, lavandula stoechas extract, glycerol oleate, polyurethane-15, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide). +/- may contain: CI 45370 (orange 5), CI 45380 (red 22), CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (iron oxides), CI 77891 (titanium dioxide)