Like a summer sequel, Café Makeup has returned. The journey continues! First of all, I want to thank all of you who sent tweets and emails to let me know that you wanted to see more. I read every one, and each on meant a lot. I do not expect to be able to post with the same frequency as before, but as was so famously said in Clueless:
Be seing you!
Yeah, I hope not sporadically!
The truth is, I really missed blogging. Also, I realize now that it was a mistake to take down the archives. I’m sorry. I had even removed it from search engines, which is harder to do than you would think. Google is gradually finding Café Makeup again, so the swatches from this site should start naturally appearing in search results as the mighty Googlebot begins to crawl the site once again.
In the meantime, beauty blog star Karlasugar has joined the roundup, so our all-star cast is getting stronger than ever. Here’s what’s on the beauty sites this week:
- Gouldylox Reviews is giving away a Napolean Perdis set of 5 products to give you a summertime glow. Sign up today!
- The Non-Blonde gives us a taste of the newer lipstick line called Bite Beauty and the delicious lip color Shiraz.
- Fab Over Forty shows us one of the many looks that can be created with Le Metier de Beaute Penelope Kaleidoscope.
- Daly Beauty shares with us her radiant results from the Benefit b.right foaming cleanser. Did it give her that youthful glow?
- Café Makeup shares with us some of the first close-up looks of the beautiful Chanel Illusion D’Ombre eye shadows for fall.
- Best Things in Beauty found Chanel’s Joues Contraste Fards à Joues Poudre in Rose Écrin to be a perfect blushing pink complement to the Chanel fall eye looks.
- Karla Sugar gives us a complete and comprehensive shopping guide to MAC newest collection called Bloggers Obsessions.
- Product Girl Laurie needed to summerize her handbag and what’s in it. She shares with us her lightweight summer essentials.
- Diva Debbi teaches us how to become “sleeping beauties” with the latest hair products from Nexxus and Kevin Mancuso’s tips.
- BeautyXposé tests Salon Graphix 450 Maximum Heat Protect Spray. Does it really help your hair beat the heat? See her results.
- The Beauty Look Book gives us a comparison between the Chanel Spring and Fall 2011 Collections; Ombres Perleés de Chanel vs Illusion d’Ombre.
More to look for: I’ve been running into some gorgeous photography on the web these days, including:
- Tommy Ton’s street fashion photography. Over the past weeks, he’s been shooting in Milan and Paris for the menswear shows and I’ve been enjoying every little tidbit this genius brings back. Are you ready to see some amazingly fashionable men? Slideshow from Style.com is here.
- Front Row Beauty. I’ve recently discovered this beauty blog from Australia who does lovely photography and makeup application. Here, she features the Topaki eyeshadow quad from the upcoming Chanel Byzance collection.
- 25FLondon continues to do gorgeous work, here with Bourjois blushes. It makes me want to hop on a plane to Europe to get them all.
- Shu Uemura fans will want to see Rouge Deluxe, who is updating us with the newly reformulated eyeshadows (here) and blushes (here), as well as other news about this entirely re-done line.