Chanel Fall 2011 is a pivotal Chanel collection. This appears to be a time when many products were added to the permanent line, adding several needed items and exploring some new textures and formulas. I love when established companies innovate, so if you hear someone shouting from their rooftops, c’est moi!
The sheer size and scope of the collection is notable. Although The Nonblonde suggests that “they’re overdoing it,” to me, more Chanel is more Chanel. The critical question is this–can you ever have too much Chanel?
I think you can have too much football, or fishing. Or tequila. Maybe even too much MAC. But we have a long way to go until we get to that point. For me, Chanel makes the bumps in life’s roads a little easier. I’d fill my bathtub with it and want more. Maybe I’ll be in Chanel rehab with Dr. Drew someday. We’ll see. Until then, I’m going with what works.
Let’s review the collection, before I get to my favorites:
– Fantasme (reviewed here)
- Emerveillé (reviewed here)
- Ebloui (reviewed here)
- Epatant (reviewed here)
- Illusoire (reviewed here)
- Mirifique (reviewed here)
- Le Crayon Yeux eye pencil in Khaki Platine (reviewed here)
- Joues Contraste Blush in Rose Écrin (reviewed here)
- Les 4 Ombres Eyeshadow Palette in Prélude (reviewed here)
- Lèvres Scintillantes (Glossimers)
- Pampille (reviewed here)
- Braise (reviewed here)
- Crayon Lèvres lip pencils in Rose Cuivré and Coralline (reviewed here)
- Rouge Coco lipstick
- Plumetis (reviewed here)
- Étole (reviewed here)
- Rouge Double Intensite in Rose Morganite and Rose Quartz (reviewed here).
- Le Vernis nail polish
- Graphite (reviewed here)
- Peridot (reviewed here)
- Quartz (reviewed here)
- Double Perfection Compact Foundation in Medium Beige-Contour (reviewed here)
My personal favorites:
- Chanel Illusion D’Ombre Eyeshadows in Ebloui, Illusoire and Mirifique
- Chanel Le Vernis nail colors in Peridot and Quartz
- Chanel Prelude Eyeshadow Quad
- Chanel Rouge Coco Plumentis
- Chanel Crayon Levres in Rose Cuivre
Which of these items interest you most? If you have tried any, which are your favorites?