Here’s what three things I’m obsessed with this week:
First, Anna Wintour –well, yes in general. Also, the fact that she just won the Legion of Honour in France. And the fact that she wore a new Chanel couture suit the day after the same design walked the Chanel Paris Couture Show for Fall/Winter 2011-2012.
I find her so fascinating. I admire her many accomplishments and her strength.
Second, this advice from backstage at one of the shows at Paris Fashion Week. Words to live by…
Third, Chanel Illusion D’Ombre eyeshadows. I’ve worn Mirifique as a liner every day since I first opened it. Today I wore it with a dab of Emerveille, and loved it. Emerveille gave a slight gold-peach gold to my lids. As I wore the combination throughout the day, my skin warmed the products. The sharp line between the liner and Emerveille got a touch softer throughout the day. I actually liked the combination more the longer I wore it. With no base, plenty of great wear time with these–Mirifique stayed on my top lashline where it belonged. Emerveille looks peachy, shimmery, soft and pretty for 10 hours. I’m obsessed.
I’ve noticed that Shiseido has announced a line of shimmery creme eyeshadows to replace their current Hydropowder line, due out this Fall 2011.
~~Here are what fellow beauty bloggers are obsessed with this week:
- Gouldylox Reviews put together a video tutorial that teaches us how to attach feather extensions. They’re the latest hair craze.
- Cafe Makeup shares with us the beautiful Byzance de Chanel Topkapi Eyeshadow Palette, a Chanel boutique and online exclusive.
- The Non-Blonde gives us her opinion on the L’Occitane newest makeup addition, Pivoine Flora Lip Shine in Brun.
- Fab Over Forty begins her experiment with the at-home laser treatment by PaloVia. Follow along to see her results in this venture.
- Rose lover Best Things in Beauty gave us the scoop on a new fragrance line from the female perfumers at Givaudan. A Neiman Marcus exclusive.
- DivaDebbi tests Maybelline 24 Hour Super Stay Lipstick to see whether or not it really does last 24 hours.
- Product Girl is determined to be sun safe this year and shares with us her favorite monochromatic bronze makeup this summer.
- Karla Sugar tackles MAC’s extensive collection for Nordstrom Anniversary (and falls for a few eyeshadow duos in the process).
- Daly Beauty has found summer in a bottle with Aftelier Honey Blossom fragrance, a finalist in the Fragrance Foundation 2011 Fifi Awards.
- BeautyXpose has compiled for us four hot summer beach looks. Get the look that fits your fashion sense.
- The Beauty Look Book finds for us bright summery pink lip shades. Check out her selection and swatches.