Here’s what I’m obsessed with this week…
1. Well-Conditioned Hair. Frizzy hair can be such a problem in warm weather. Lately my stylist has been using L’Oreal Fiberceutic conditioner on my hair, making a significant difference. As I pay a flat monthly rate (yes, I really am that high maintenance), I’m not sure how much the treatment costs separately. It is helping make my hair look softer, smoother and healthier.
2. Michelle Obama wore a dress from Target. I so admire Michelle Obama, and never more so than when she visited an air station in Virginia wearing this little Merona number from Tar-jay. Even better, this dress is something that we’ve seen before. Some style icons know how to keep it real. Belt by Sacai.
3. Nars website re-design. NARS completely reconfigured the website. Beautifully done. It’s clean, it’s easy, it’s intuitive. Plus, they have $20 off/$100 order with the code NEWWEBSITE. I think it’s finally time to pick up a Yachiyo…
Some of the links take you in the company’s history. Under “World of Nars,” I found pages that explained the names of his products:
In the meantime, Liz and I are continuing to organize items for our upcoming MAC Blogsale. We’ve taken your suggestion to heart, and have been busy gathering bubble wrap for the sale to come. You’ll find the sale at the “MAC Blogsale” link at the top of the page.
Here’s what my fellow beauty bloggers are obsessed with this week….
- Café Makeup had high praise for Burberry’s new Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base, calling it a “best in class” primer.
- Best Things in Beauty offered a sneak peek at Chanel’s Aquillaries de Chanel Collection.
- The Beauty Look Book showed us why we need Le Métier de Beauté’s True Romance Nail Lacquer, a Nordstrom Anniversary exclusive.
- Fab over Forty featured makeup application tips from Mickey Castillo, Le Métier de Beauté’s makeup director.
- The Non-Blonde fell for the gorgeous, new Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colours.
- Karla Sugar swatched the Fall 2011 Color Collection from NARS.
- Perfect for this weather, Product Girl featured a guide to the obsessive nature of facial misting.
- DivaDebbi achieved beauty bliss with the Bliss Fabulous Skin-Reviving Rubberizing Mask.
- Gouldylox Reviews is enjoying Dove’s Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo, Conditioner, and Treatment products.
- BeautyXposé introduced us to the limited-edition eos Summer 2011 Collection of lip balm smooth spheres.
- Daly Beauty tested and loved Your Best Face’s Restore serum.