For some reason, I became obsessed with lashes, lashes, lashes this week.
First, I started using Le Metier de Beaute’s Peau Vierge Lash Growth Serum ($95). When Latisse was first approved for lash growth, I used it for about four months before I became hesitant after the FDA increased the warning. Although my lashes got incredibly long using Latisse, the effect lasts only a few months.
I purchased Le Metier’s Peau Veirge Lash Growth Serum last December, and have only started using it now. I’ll see how it goes and report back.
Second, I’ve been seeing some favorable reports for Benefit’s They’re Real Mascara on makeup boards and at Lipglossiping. I tried to order a tube, but just got a back-order notice until mid-August. I’m shaking my fist at Benefit–don’t they realize that in the beauty blogging world, August is practically Christmas?
Instead, I’m investigating Giorgio Armani’s Eyes to Kill reviewed by The Beauty Look Book.
Third, I’ve become very curious about false lashes. They always seemed unwieldy to me, but Lisa Eldridge has done some tutorials (here and here) that make me imagine that I could do it. Have you used them?
Also, I fell in love with these pictures of a Shu Uemura collection from the Makeup Blogette. So pretty!
Here’s what my beauty blogging friends are obsessed with this week:
- Gouldylox Reviews shares with us her at-home foot smoothing find with Emjoi Micro Pedi. Perfect for summer sandal season.
- BeautyXposé finds the latest jewelry trend while vacationing in Miami and brings the rose gold pieces home to rave reviews.
- The Beauty Look Book shows us the latest in stunning nude shades with the Fall 2011 Burberry Beauty Collection.
- Fab Over Forty gives us beauty tips and product must-haves from Dior National Artist, Jeffrey Sanchez.
- Daly Beauty may have found the perfect mascara that results in beautiful lashes with Urban Decay Cannonball.
- Best Things in Beauty showed us Tom Pecheux’s innovative Pure Color Illuminating Powder Gelée from Estée Lauder’s Fall 2011 Collection
- DivaDebbi was able to lighten dark spots with a non-toxic four step product system called Lumixyl.
- Product Girl shares with us what “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” TV star Taylor Armstrong keeps in her makeup bag.
- Café Makeup reviews the newest lipstick formula and Feather Pink shade from the Burberry Lip Mist collection.
- The Non-Blonde swatches and reviews the very gorgeous and wearable Chantecaille Sel Iridescent Eye Shadow.
- Karla Sugar gives us a lesson on Creed fragrances and shares with us their three new fragrance releases.