Here’s what three things I’m obsessed with this week–
1. Back to basics- Although fall is weeks (months?) away, I get the “back to school basics” vibe this time of year. Instead of pencils and notebooks, I re-assess my beauty needs for the upcoming changes in the weather. I’ve been feverishly checking reviews for basics, including hair care products, brushes and other essentials. Recently, I placed an order for a full size Rodin Olio Lusso Face Oil (reviewed here). By the way, which shampoo and conditioner are you currently enjoying?
2. Karl Lagerfeld for Macy’s- I first noticed the business genius of Karl Lagerfeld the moment that he sold a bride two wedding dresses–a white one for the ceremony and an identical one in black for the dinner afterwards. Who says art and commerce don’t mix? In his most recent genius move, he’s partnered with Macy’s for a small collection due out late August. All pieces are to be priced under $300. I’d love to get this shirt (although I doubt I’ll get the chance!)
Speaking of all things Karl, did you see this picture of him without his sunglasses? I think he looks fabulous!
3. Fashion’s Night Out Goes Global This little video shows Vogue editors from all over the world discussing the September 2011 Fashion’s Night Out event coming next month. Although I won’t be attending, I’d love to hear about your plans if you are!
VOGUE Fashion Night 2011 dans le monde (version… by VOGUEPARIS
Here are some of the things that other beauty bloggers are obsessed with this week:
- How gorgeous is this Nars “Makeup Your Mind” makeover on Karlasugar? She looks fabulous!
- Armani Fall 2011 has hit Australian shores, leading Front Row Beauty to test out the Woven Jacquard Palette No. 2. She doesn’t seem to love it, but I think that satiny texture looks worth exploring.
- The NonBlonde tests out a new lipstick line, Exude, endorsed by Rachel Zoe-here, the color look gorgeous.
- The Best Things in Beauty has gotten some of the new Guerlain 4 Ecrin palettes–I can not wait until mine arrive.
- Natural n Chic Makeup does her characteristically thorough and beautifully photographed review of Urban Decay’s 15th Anniversary Palette here.