This week, my inbox is full of beauty news. Here’s the cream of the crop:
1. Sephora has collaborated with Pantone to bring us Pantone Universe a makeup line based on the Color of the Year, a beautiful orange coral. The items aren’t in stock yet, but I expect that they’ll be up in a few days. I may need to snag one of those blushes.
2. The zeitgeist is full of women of age who enjoy beauty. I loved this piece at The New York Times, “Farewell to Youth, but Not Beauty,” which emphasized that women of all ages want to look beautiful and not necessarily young. Also, the blog Advanced Style has been attracting attention as an alternative fashion blog. I hope when I hit the ages of the women featured there that I retain this much life and spirit. Combining this with MAC’s Iris Apfel collection from earlier this year, it seems as those age is no barrier to looking amazing.
3. Sigrid Agren is a new face for Chanel Rouge Coco, looking incredible.
Also, around the blogsphere:
- Scrangie previewed Rescue Beauty Lounge’s upcoming Fan Collection (presale March 23rd)(rumored). My favorite is a very rich cobalt blue called IKB:2012 (by Nora). The most amazing blue.
- The NonBlonde reviewed Dior’s Grege Quint Eyeshadow Palette, and now I cannot get it out of my mind….
- I’ve become addicted to Youtube vlogger Raeview and really enjoyed her February Favorites. I hope you do too!
- Messsy Wands does reds so well, and this review of Guerlian Rouge G Garconne is gorgeous.
- Vote to bring back your favorite MAC shades by request–details here at Allure.
- I have to admit it (shhhh!). I ordered Dior Incognito nail polish after this review by The Beauty Look Book.