1. 2013 Resort Collection information is pouring in (we’ve already seen Chanel here). Here are some highlights that caught my eye–first from French fashion house Lanvin (gasp-worthy):
As always, Marc Jacobs brings the eye candy, ensuring that brights will continue to be a trend during 2013 (click to enlarge):
Here’s a sprinkling of looks from Burberry Prosum, Thakoon and Oscar de la Renta:
2. The business of beauty continues to evolve.
- Karl Lagerfeld will collaborate with Shu Uemura to create a makeup line, described here at Bellasugar. Cafe Makeup readers will recall that Lagerfeld has been known to draw with Shu Uemura eyeshadows.
- Urban Decay has announced expansion into China, amidst questions that are described here at Lipglossiping, and the British Beauty Blogger has this nicely researched piece.
- The Kardasian sisters have announced a new makeup line called “Khroma,” which is described at Kim’s blog.
3. I’m excited to try this Untiled Scent sold by olfactory curator Chandler Burr (the program is described here at The Nonblonde). Essentially, Burr has chosen a scent and sold a limited run without any labeling or packaging so that the scent can be experienced for its own sake.
Mine arrived without a box in this rather simple, functional bottle yesterday from Opensky (it’s a site you’ve got to join in order to see, but joining is free). Although I don’t know if I’ll be participating in the entire series, I thought that experiencing a perfume chosen by a curator would be an interesting experiment to try.
Unfortunately, I’ll have to explore this fragrance on another day–I’ve just applied a rather strongly scented hand creme to test this morning, which is threatening to overpower everything in its path. Burr will be offering a new scent every month, and revealing the name of the scent on the last day of the month. If you haven’t seen Chandler Burr’s Ted talk on scents, it’s here on Youtube.
So, lovely readers, what are you obsessed with this week?