Concealer NARS

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer: First Look and Swatches

February 17, 2013

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer1

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer ($28) is set to release any day now, available first on Nars online and in Nars flagship boutiques. These have just appeared on the Nordstrom.com website  and will be everywhere else around March 1st). Cafe Makeup was sent a packet of samples, and so we are posting our swatches so that you can be ready to choose.

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer2

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealers are gloriously pigmented and feel moisturizing. According to the company, these are “luxuriously smooth with hydrating skincare benefits.”  They are intended for use undereye, as well as for other skin imperfections. This “multi-action formula provides medium to high buildable coverage in a natural, radiant finish with long-lasting results.” Having just torn open the envelope to cries of “ooooh pretty!”, we haven’t done all-day stress-testing but we plan to do so this week.

On to the colors:

CHANTILLY: True ivory shade for fairest complexions

VANILLA: Tiny cast of pink for the fair complexion

HONEY: Warm peach tone for light to medium complexion

CUSTARD: Yellow tone for light to medium complexion

GINGER: Golden undertone for medium complexion

BISCUIT: Medium dark natural balance of pink and yellow undertones

CARAMEL: Medium dark yellow and golden undertones

AMANDE: Medium dark with golden olive undertones

CAFÉ: Dark shade with warm red undertones

CACAO: Dark shade with deep gold-brown undertones

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer3a

Swatches of all shades:

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer4

Another (same order):

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer5

The Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer are available on Nars online and in Nars flagship boutiques. These have just appeared on the Nordstrom.com website  and will be everywhere else after March 1st.

We’ll post a separate review when we’ve tested these more. In the meantime, here’s a quick video from Nars about using their products:

Cafe Makeup received these samples without charge from Nars for consideration for review. This post includes an affiliate link (see About Cafe Makeup for more information)

Please follow us on....

You Might Also Like

• Mary February 17, 2013 at 6:04 pm

0.0 They look really pigmented!!

• Dovey February 17, 2013 at 6:41 pm

Hi Amy,

I’m so excited to see your swatches! I’m glad NARS chose to stick to their old coloring system, so I can just pick the same colors as the regular concealer line. You mentioned that they could be used for other imperfections than the undereye area— how pearly/light reflecting would you say the radiant concealers are?

• Amy February 17, 2013 at 7:02 pm

They dry down nicely–I’ll be posting more thoughts as I use them more this week though…so stay tuned. :)

• Dovey February 17, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Thanks Amy, I’ll look forward to the next episode! :-)

• Melody February 17, 2013 at 6:43 pm

How do they compare to Chanel Concealer Correcteur?

• Julie February 17, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Wow the swatches look amazing. I am such a concealer whore… anything new like this, I must try. Just gotta figure out the colors now. Great post!

• Veronica February 17, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Very nice! I love how pigmented they are. I’ve been looking for quite awhile for a good liquid concealer that I can use under the eye – too often, I need the more opaque creams to cover my dark circles! I’m probably between Chantilly and Vanilla, so I’m glad to see a hint of a cool-to-neutral undertone. I find my pale skin is completely unforgiving when it comes to foundations or concealers with even the slightest hint of yellow.

Thank you for the swatches!

• Sunny February 18, 2013 at 3:27 am

Thanks so much for the swatches! I’m pretty much sold already. Hope these will be available here soon. I really need a more decent undereye concealer, but I don’t like to work with anything that’s in a pot. This seems ideal!

• fairytalesandcoffee February 18, 2013 at 6:39 am

Not a Nars fangirl – but I am sprinting towards Ginger. Somewhere out there is an exact concealer match for my skintone and I will turn every stone to find it.

• Jane February 18, 2013 at 10:21 am

Good luck! I, too, am on the prowl for the perfect concealer, one light enough to match my face but not so much that it “ghosts” over my navy blue circles.

• Marie February 18, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Those names make me hungry. Highly constructive comment, I’m aware. 😛
    That being said, I’m thinking of getting one of those and the light reflecting setting powder for a quick flawless face. And possibly the Light 0 tinted moisturizer when it comes out, only if it is indeed lighter than Finland.

• Sabrina February 18, 2013 at 5:58 pm

Oh my goodness, Amy you are truly amazing. All those swatches on one arm?? Impressive – and thank you! I can’t wait for these to hit stores. March is going to be a very expensive month for me. Looking forward to your thoughts on these.

• Paige February 18, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Even though I have already discovered a concealer that works really well for me, I think I will still give this a try. It looks like I’m either Custard or Ginger. Thanks for sharing your swatches :)

• rebecca February 19, 2013 at 7:30 am

O.O I might not be the palest shade for once! I’ll need to swatch in-store; from here I can’t tell if Chantilly or Vanilla would be a better match for me. These look really promising; will be waiting to see how your testing goes!

• Adaora February 20, 2013 at 7:52 am

I’m so excited about this! Gunning for Amande – what a perfect fit!

• NARS Radiant Creamy concealer [Video] « Maquillage Aficionado February 20, 2013 at 10:07 am

[…] on that site, I came across this video. It shows how one the main makeup artists for this brand uses this […]

• Makeup Remastered February 23, 2013 at 10:02 pm

I cannot wait to get Custard! Nars usually delivers.

• Beauty Blog Roll (15.02.2013 - 22.02.2013) - Time4Beauty February 24, 2013 at 10:58 am

[…] Cafemakeup смотрим на новые консилеры Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer*. British Beauty Blogger поделилась промо-фото весенней […]

• ahhhsoneo February 24, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Thanks posting swatches of the darker shades! Just knew you would have them. Can’t wait to try this one.

• Amy February 24, 2013 at 10:18 pm

I’ve read that these work well for contouring and highlighting! I want to play with them that way…