Lip Pencil Lipgloss Lipstick NARS

Nars Satin Lip Pencil Finale

March 28, 2013

Nars Satin Lip Pencils03

Despite some delay because life got in the way, we were pleased to be able to present the entire line of Nars Satin Lip Pencils. Like many Nars releases, this includes some highly usable, yet unusual colors.

Nars Satin Lip Pencils01

These are unique enough to create a “what’s she wearing?” look.

Nars Satin Lip Pencils12

Unlike prior releases, these had no scent or taste. The finish is slightly glowy, which fades to a rich stain. The glow lasts for the first hour or less, the stain far longer. Please keep in mind that nothing lasts on us. We didn’t notice any bleeding, but we don’t tend to experience bleeding with any lip products. Although the initial experience with these feels moisturizing, the sensation does wear off along with the gloss after 1/2 hour up to 1 hour. The rich stain left behind is pretty, but those with drier lips will notice the change (and the appearance will look as dry as your lips actually are).

Nars Satin Lip Pencils15

After playing with these, I found the standouts to be Lodhi, Biscayne Park, Rikugien, and Yu. I hope you enjoyed this little series. Which did you choose?

Nars Satin Lip Pencils

Nars Satin Lip Pencils are available online at Nars Cosmetics online, Nars boutiques (New York City on Bleecker, Los Angeles, and San Francisco on Fillmore), Nordstrom.com, and other Nars retailers that include Sephora.

Nars Cosmetics provided these pencils to Cafe Makeup without charge for consideration for review. This post includes affiliate links. For more information, see About Cafe Makeup.

Please follow us on....

You Might Also Like

• Lauren March 28, 2013 at 10:04 pm

I agree about Rikugien, looks really nice on your skin tone.

• Marie March 29, 2013 at 4:33 am

Thanks for the recap. It’s nice to see all colors next to each other. :) I think Luxembourg looks great on you.
    However on the swatches, you listed Golshan twice, and it messed up the following shades (except for Jardin des plantes and Yu).

• Amy March 29, 2013 at 6:51 am

Thank you Marie–I’ve switched out the picture so all should be good now. I really appreciate your comment.

• Marie March 29, 2013 at 2:40 pm

You’re welcome. :)
        I really love your blog, it’s one of the few that I visit frequently.

• Gail March 29, 2013 at 6:24 am

I just bought one for now – Luxembourg – I have blonde hair and blue eyes – Will pick up a few more later – Love most of them.

• Ada March 29, 2013 at 7:28 am

The ones I favour are Jardin des plantes, Yu, Luxembourg,Hyde Park and Lodhi <3_<3
    Those would really flatter my skin tone :)

• Stephanie C. March 29, 2013 at 8:52 am

Rikugien (and all of them) is just beautiful. As much as I try not to “splurge” on higher-end makeup, I have such a sweet spot for lip pencils- and these have such gorgeous color!

• Veronica March 29, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Yu and Lodhi seem to be standout shades across the bar for most bloggers. Most of the nudes included were a touch too warm for my skin, but for the most part, I love them all. :)

• Vivian March 29, 2013 at 4:10 pm

These look so nice! I love glossy pencils, but they usually don’t last very long. So its nice that these will leave a nice stain on the lips.

I recently did a review on the NARS Pressed Powder, check it out if you like :)

• rebecca March 29, 2013 at 7:02 pm

I was at Sephora tonight and snagged Rikugien – oddly, the only color that really appealed to me. I thought about Lodhi but I think it’s too warm for me, I prefer my corals more pink. But I also got a Rouge Volupte Shine in Pink in Confidence, and I’m loving that.

• Audrey C March 31, 2013 at 11:22 am

Thanks for the honest review. I always look for makeup that doesn’t have a scent to it. That drives me crazy. I do tend to have dry lips, so it’s good to know that after the first hour or so, the glossy part wears some and the stain remains. I have tried using lip masks before to soften them and have had good results with that when I use them.

• Dovey April 4, 2013 at 7:32 pm

Hi Amy, I love the collage you put together for the NARS Satin Lip Pencil finale! All these posts were amazing— I really appreciate all the effort you and Liz put into making them! :)

• Catherine @ bcrueltyfree April 7, 2013 at 8:25 pm