Here’s what three things I’m obsessed with this week:
1. Le Metier de Beaute Limited Edition Kaléidoscope Palettes: With the rush of summer makeup releases upon us, Le Metier de Beaute just made our buying decisions more difficult. Three new Kaleidoscope palettes are about to be released:
- On the Coast will be released to commemorate Le Metier de Beaute’s availability on Saks.com on April 23, 2012. This includes four eyeshadows–an effervescent beige champagne, a shimmering tan taupe, a soft satin brown and a deep champagne cobalt
- Shades of Short Hills will be released at Saks Fifth Avenue in Short Hills, New Jersey. This one includes four shades–a champagne apricot, a matte tan-taupe, a shimmering rhubarb-brown, and noir (black) with flecks of white diamond
- Golden Gate Girl will be available during a Saks San Francisco event on April 25-28. Le Metier artist Richard Marquez will be visiting. This one includes a satin rose petal pink, a pale amethyst, a warm rhubarb and a cinnamon gold.
Although my heart is in San Francisco, I must admit that On the Coast and Shades of Short Hills are also calling my name. What about you?
2. In the “I love an international beauty source” category, Vogue Paris now available in English. In fact, I’m thinking of getting the words “Vogue Paris is now available in English” stenciled backwards on the front hood of my car, so everyone looking in their review mirror can see. There are few events this life-changing and now we need to spread the word. Here’s a link to the site. I so appreciate having the forward edge of fashion available right there, right now. Here’s one story on current lip trends:
Another news item about Giorgio Armani designing for Lady Gaga’s tour using a transparent Plexiglas body, futurist hat, outsized epaulettes covered in pointy studs and latex tunics:
Vogue Paris is also set to release an app for iPhone and iPad (seriously, I’m going to have to quit my day job just to keep up. Just kidding!). In June, the magazine will begin offering an on-line version of its content, that promises to be more media rich than its paper counterpart.
3. Rose Gold trend: Earlier this year, Tiffany announced a new Rubedo series of jewelry. The rest of fashion appears to be latching onto a similar rose gold vibe, including Deborah Lippmann with her new polish Sugar Daddy (reviewed here by Scangie):
This color is different enough to be eye-catching, but still universally flattering (it seems to work with many warm and cool skin tones). You want to be careful picking your items to make sure they look modern. This rose gold color seems to have a cooler look than similar colors released in years past, which seemed much warmer and brassier like MAC Pink Bronze. I wonder who will make the first eyeshadow palette using these gorgeous tones?