Here are some suggestions to explore at this year’s Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. As you know, Nordstrom cardholders get early access starting now. Prices go up August 9th.
Chanel Travel Makeup Set ($95) I wish that I had this with me today! This set contains all the essentials to create a complete and flawless makeup look. It offers a variety of shade combinations, helping to create different looks that will suit every occasion. The palette is matched with a travel-size Inimitable Mascara in Noir.
While you’re at it, you might want to look at Chanel’s Perle items which have also just arrived at Nordstrom.
Tom Ford Lips & Boys Set ($96). I had a feeling we hadn’t seen the last of the Boys. This includes the lovely Flynn, Giacomo and Alejandro.
Guerlain Meteorites for Summer ($62). These will be exclusive to Nordstrom for a bit.
Dior Eye Reviver in Rosy Palette ($62). According to the description box, this is a slightly different set of shades than the neutral brown one that we’ve previously seen.
Yves Saint Laurent is providing early access to some Fall ’15 items here. The Glossy Stain set at $72 looks like a nice choice.
If you don’t already have these Giorgio Armani Beauty Essentials ($72) please treat yourself. I really love their base products, and this looks like a wonderful way to get started. This set includes the Fluid Master Primer (1 oz.), the Fluid Sheer #2 (1 oz.), and a Mini Travel Brush for application of both/either.Butter London The New Neutrals Set ($24):
This set includes at a rather attractive price point:
- Fashion-size Nail Lacquer in Early Grey (0.2 oz.)
- Fashion-size Nail Lacquer in Yummy Mummy (0.2 oz.)
- Bloody Brilliant Lip Crayon in Tea with the Queen (0.1 oz.)
- Pencil Sharpener
‘Blame it on NARS’ Cheek Palette ($59).
This palette includes ncludes:
- Highlighting Blush in Satellite of Love
- Blush in Day Dream
- Blush in New Attitude
- Bronzing Powder in Casino
- Travel-size Ita Kabuki Brush
Bobbi Brown Secret to Standout Eyes ($85)
This set includes an eyeshadow palette with 12 shades: Cream, Champagne Quartz Metallic, Nude Glow Metallic, Moonstar Sparkle, Malted, Oyster Sparkle, Taupe Stonewash Shimmer Wash, Mica Shimmer Wash, Chocolate Caviar, Chocolate Bronze Sparkle, and Rich Navy.
Also, there is a Smokey Eye Mascara in Black (I’m assuming this is a mini), Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink (always useful!) and a Mini Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush.
Burberry Nude Glow Set ($78) is a classic addition that can be used daily. This set includes:
– Full-size Fresh Glow Nude Radiance (1 oz.)(yes, full size!)
– Full-size Burberry Kisses Lipstick in Nude Pink (0.12 oz.)
– Full-size Bold Lash Mascara in Black (0.24 oz.)
– My Burberry Fragrance Sample (0.07 oz.)
– Burberry Pouch (looks rather huge and usable)
In addition to some lip and brush sets, there are two quiet surprises in the MAC Look in a Box – Sophisticate Face Kit ($49). This little beauty has two former limited edition blushes that sold out rather quickly and became highly sought-after: Linda and Cream Soda. I’m using up my Linda blush, and although I can’t tell whether the colors in this palette will be identical to the full-sized version, the palette looks like a great one to pick up for travel. Here’s the full description:
– Powder Blush in Cream Soda (light neutral coral) (0.14 oz.)
– Powder Blush in Linda (peachy tan shimmer) (0.14 oz.)
– Eyeshadow in Hey (nude shimmer) (0.01 oz.)
– Eyeshadow in Sun Tweaked (burnt copper) (0.01 oz.)
– Eyeshadow in Wedge (soft muted beige taupe) (0.01 oz.)
– Eyeshadow in With Flair (0.01 oz.)
– Eyeshadow in limited-edition Beautifully Charred (deep brown with pearl) (0.01 oz.)
– Eyeshadow in Dance in the Dark (deep blackened plum) (0.01 oz.)
– Lipstick in limited-edition Love Happens (warm light nude) (0.02 oz.)
– Lipstick Pan in True Red (vivid bright coral red) (0.02 oz.)
– 213 Fluff Brush/316 Lip Brush
Don’t forget to pick up your basics as well, including lingerie, the Zella Live-in Leggings, those boots that you’ll be greatful for next February, and a little something something to start your holiday shopping early so it doesn’t seem so intimidating come Thanksgiving.
Please follow us on....