Here’s what three things I’m obsessed with right now…
1. Sunscreens— In sunny California, the summer sun has begun to show its smiling face. For me, that means gathering my hats and sunscreen. Yes, I know that this is important for anti-aging, but it can be life-saving as well. Did you know that for women ages 18 to 24, one in five does not apply sunscreen regularly?
No matter how much you pay for your sunscreen, the key is to make sure you wear it. That’s why I’m so pleased to see NARS release a tinted moisturizer that claims SPF 30++, because no one can forget to wear sunscreen that’s in their foundation (I layer my Nars Tinted Moisturizer over Chanel SPF 50 sunscreen, above). Even hats and other clothing can add sun protection. Currently, Bergdorf’s is donating 10% of sales of certain sun protection products to the Melanoma Research Alliance of certain products for May is Melanoma Awareness Month. Here’s one of the products from Cafe Makeup favorite Le Metier de Beaute:
Other Bergdorf products include:
- La Mer SPF 30 UV Protecting Fluid
- Sunday Riley Cashmere SPF 30+ Sun Defense
- Orlane Extreme Anti-Wrinkle Care SPF 30
- Laura Mercier Daily Face Shield SPF 40
- Lancome Benefait UV SPF 50+ Super Fluid Facial Sunscreen
- Chantecaille Ultra Sun Protection SPF 50 PA+++
Check out Dr. Marnie Nussbaum’s sun safe tips here on Bergdorf’s blog.
2. Omorovicza is a skin care line that I’m just beginning to test. The line was started by Margaret and Stephen de Heinrich de Omorovicza, who launched it at their spa in Budapest in 2006. Currently, the line is sold at Bergdorf’s and there is a comprehensive website as well. Today (Sunday, May 6th) is the last day to end their Spa Giveaway at a Four Seasons Resort. There is also a runner-up prize of over $1,000 worth of product.
Either sounds amazingly good to me… sign up here on Facebook.
3. Mother’s Day Shopping. It’s hard to find the right gift–I usually depend on L’Occintane to deliver a tastefully-packaged, luxurious, and thoughtful item. I settled on this Bouquet of Thousand Flowers shipped to mine, together with some books that I hope that my mother will enjoy:
Right now, L’Occitane is running a gift promotion so that you can tuck some additional treats into your gift, with the code SPRING and a $65 purchase (also free ship with $25 purchase):
Elsewhere on the internet:
- The Beauty Look Book has me dying for this Haute House Hues collection from Le Metier de Beaute.
- The Nonblonde previews a new Touche Eclat Foundation from Yves Saint Laurent–10 years in the making and slated for sale in the U.S. in July.
- The British Beauty Blogger previews the Dior Summer Mix mini collection of glosses and nail polish.
- Nowness has this extraordinarily beautiful video that features a underwater mix of bursts of color and gorgeous glassware.
- Through a Glass Brightly on Nowness.com. More about the video is here.