Last week, I picked up Dior ‘Diorsnow UV Shield ‘ White Reveal BB Crème SPF 50 PA+++ ($50/1.2 oz.). I’ve been curious about BB cremes, which began their formulation in Asian markets and are intended to provide skin care benefits along with foundation-like coverage. Dior has been at this a while–it has a formulation of a BB Creme under its Hydralife series sold at Sephora. Recently, Dior released this formulation to its whitening Diorsnow line in the U.S. market.
According to the description on Nordstrom’s website, Diorsnow BB Creme:
- Is a clinically proven brightening-treatment collection that evens the complexion, diminishes the appearance of dark spots and increases radiance
- Powered by Icelandic glacial water and Dior’s exclusive transparency-enhancing complex, the new formulas counteract skin acidity and target all five features of a radiant complexion (evenness, luminosity, moisture, texture and plumpness).
- Immediately skin is illuminated with a flawless, even radiance that is intensified day after day.
- Diorsnow BB Creme comes out a bit dryer and heavier than a traditional foundation. Some mix it with a moisturizer. I used it just as it is.
- This product looks just terrible when it is first applied–gray, thick, pore-emphasizing. Wait. After about two full minutes, the foundation seems to settle and color adjust. It looks significantly different a few minutes after application. If you are testing it at a counter, insist on a full-face trial.
- I found coverage medium toward heavy (it is certainly more pigmented than Nars Tinted Moisturizer, or Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua fluid). Still, you don’t need much product to get full-face coverage.
- It feels a little heavier on my skin compared to some of the new lightweight foundations. As I said earlier, you might mix this with a moisturizer to lighten the coverage. I didn’t and not much of my own skin texture showed through.
- Once it settled in, the texture was very fine and worthy of a high-end foundation category. I really enjoyed the way that it looked.
- Because the coverage is strong, I really needed a bronzer/blush to add dimension to my face.
- Diorsnow BB Creme holds up beautifully in 90 degree heat. This BB creme goes the distant in warm weather–I’m getting a 16 hour day out of this with no problems so far.
- This leaves my forehead with a little glow–a powder helps. Interestingly, I do not typically have to re-powder during the day.