Guerlain’s official press email arrived with full information about their Terra Inca Summer 2011 collection. Every year, I’ve looked forward to Guerlain’s summer offerings and they have always exceeded my high expectations. This year looks like one of the best ever.
Terra Inca Star Powder ($70) has two subtly pearl shades: a highlighting golden beige and a bronze-tinted pink. Together these shades will embellish your complexion while warming the skin with an iridescent glow. This comes in a gorgeous engraved case that will look gorgeous on your makeup table. You can find Café Makeup’s review, swatches and makeup look here. Some of Guerlian’s application tips:
- Apply with Guerlain’s Terracotta bronzing powder to illuminate tanned complexions or use on its own for a natural glow.
- Apply to curves of the face to add instant radiance to the complexion.
- Apply to the décolleté and shoulders for a natural shimmer.
Terre Indigo 4-shade Eyeshadow ($59) Guerlain has created interlacing, intense colors, sprinkled with golden arabesques. Like colorful Incan qompi fabrics woven from shadows and pigments, the Terre Indigo eyeshadow includes vibrant orange, an intense blue, a deep brown and a lighter brown, speckled with a pale golden tone. Application tips from Guerlain:
- Simply chic: apply the light brown tone to the eyelid, layer the orange shade on the upper part, then give more intensity to the eyes by applying the darker brown to the outer corner of the eye.
- Trendy: apply the orange shadow to the eyelid fold, sweep a single blue tone over the eyelid and add a small amount of light brown to the outer corner of the eye.
- Fiesta Vibe: apply the orange tone to the entire eyelid, add the blue shadow to the eyelid fold, then apply the light brown shade along the lashes and the dark brown shade under the lower lashes. Dressed in a golden glimmer, sea sparkles and sunlight, the eyes are ready to show off a bold look.
Ombre Fusion Cream Eyeshadow ($35 each) is has the softness of a powder, the richness of a cream and the lightness of water all in one.These eyeshadows reveal a spectacular metallic effect by adorning the eyelids with fabulous shimmering reflections. The effect is striking and will last from dawn to dusk. Designed to resist heat and dips in the ocean, the Ombre Fusion eyeshadows are the first Guerlain cream eyeshadows specially created for summer! Available in 3 shades: 01 Bahia, 02 Havana, 03 Maya. Guerlain’s application tips:
- Apply the eyeshadow to the eyelid with the applicator, then blend in with fingertip to create an illuminated effect.
- Use the beveled side of the Ombre Fusion applicator for a metallic liner effect.
NaturalNChic Makeup has some preliminary swatches of these cream eyeshadows (and of the Terre Indigo palette here). I’ve got these on order, and hoping to review them when they arrive. Yuki’s Lazy Channel has several items swatched here, including these glosses…
This year’s Terracotta Glosses ($30.50 each) look delicious, don’t they? I think this is the summer of neon! According to Guerlain, “just in time for summer and plenty of scorching kisses, Guerlain presents three new Terracotta Gloss creations. Neon fuchsia, sunny coral, flamboyant red make lips look mischievous and ravishing, dangerously delicious. These neon colors are sheer on application and will add shine while giving an instant radiance boost to the face! Their secret? A luminous and translucent formula, free of sparkles but packed with pigments. This non-sticky gloss can be applied at any time of day for an ultra-sensual effect.” Available in 3 shades: 07 Salsa, 08 Mambo, 09 Tango.
Guerlain’s is also re-releasing the Khol Kajal ($36), which I haven’t tried but it makes me very curious. This summer’s color is called Black Frida (#01).
By the way, if you are thinking of ordering online, I’ve been receiving some very good service from the Guerlain boutique in Las Vegas, at (702) 732-7008. For my last order, they sent out this sweet gift with purchase:
I do not know whether they are running anything currently, but they have been nice about waiving shipping for larger orders, perfume samples and other gifts with purchase.