Yesterday, I posted my first review of an Omorovicza product, the Omorovicza Deep Cleansing Mask, where I discussed some of the line’s origins and philosophy. I’ve also been using Omorovicza Gold Flash Firming Serum ($215). This lightweight, nourishing product is intended as an anti-aging product that uses gold and other active ingredients to re-texture and repair skin. Here is some of the line’s background about the ingredients in the product:
- Gold, a powerful anti-inflammatory, repairs accumulated micro-damage to strengthen the skin.
- Polypeptides (Palmitoyl Tripeptide and Caprooyl Tetrapeptide) to strengthen proteins such as collagen and elastin for renewed elasticity and vitality.
- Vitamin C (Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate) to enhance skin tone and helps reduce the appearance of age spots; which also boosts the synthesis of collagen and elastin to help restore elasticity.
- Watercress extract and zinc promote brighter, more even, skin by inhibiting the production of melanin.
- Sodium Hyaluronate provides long lasting hydration to the skin.
- The ingredients are delivered via Mineral Cosmetology, a patented mineral delivery system designed to leave skin firmer, more supple and younger-looking.
The Gold Flash Firming Serum is very light in texture, it applies easily (no pilling), and absorbs into my skin within a few seconds. Other than adding the subtlest sheen on the skin, the product is invisible and the soft powdery citrus scent (which is extremely pleasant) fades quickly. It leaves no “emollient” feeling on the skin, so all skin types can use the product.
As you likely know, serums are intended to provide a long term effect–they are intended to restore, improve, and repair. Although many add hydration, those with dry skin typically add a separate moisturizer (a serum is not a substitute, but a supplement, to a moisturizer).
After using Omorovicza Gold Flash Firming Serum for two weeks, I found that the texture of my skin improved. If I look closely at my skin in bright sunlight, I can see that the product does seem to have strengthened and repaired portions of my skin that I may have stressed out by testing some harsher products (there’s an area on my cheek and near the bottom of my eye that look visibly better) My face feels firmer, and the skin has a healthy glow.
Ingredient list (click to enlarge):
The serum is very gentle and lightweight, typically I put it on first, followed by moisturizer on drier skin days, then sunscreen over it. It goes on like a dream, really. Beautifully formulated, gorgeous product.
Omorovicza Gold Flash Firming Serum was provided to Cafe Makeup without charge for consideration for review.